SAR processing specialist - TU Wien, Austria
The Remote Sensing research group of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation of TU Wien is currently looking to recruit a motivated specialist in SAR processing.
The research group works at the leading edge of research in its fields and enjoys the possibility to collaborate with colleagues across wide national and international networks. The group comprises about 30 staff members currently working on approximately 20 projects supported by various national, European and international programs, grants and funding sources.
We are seeking either a predoc or a postdoc who has excellent experience within the geospatial sciences for the position of a SAR processing specialist (m/f)
- Developing of scientific algorithms referring to research topics in the field of radar remote sensing, image processing, Big Data analysis
- Processing and analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imagery
- Geocoding, terrain correction, image matching, statistical analysis
- Contribution in software development using object-oriented programing language
- Prototyping, implementing, and testing of processing chains and generation of value-added products
- Writing technical documents, project reports and scientific journal papers
- Master (or equivalent) degree OR PhD degree in geodesy, geoinformation sciences, geomathematics, physical geography, mathematics, information sciences, or similar
- Experience in SAR signal processing and derivation of geophysical parameters from SAR (e.g. soil moisture, water bodies, vegetation, snow and ice, …)
- Strong analytical and technical skills and problem solving capability
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods for temporal and spatial analysis of scientific data
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Excellent programming skills (Python and/or IDL, Matlab, Fortran, C++, …)
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic, successful team
- The salary for this full time (40 hrs/week) position is based on the Austrian regulations for university staff. The monthly minimum is € 2.696,50 for a predoc or € 3.590,70 for a postdoc position. The position is limited to 2 years.
- Possibility to enroll in the PhD program of TU Wien
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace close to city center, metro and main train station
- A stimulating and friendly working environment at the department
If this job opportunity fits your career development plans we are looking forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, relevant publications and references) and in one single PDF file via e-mail to rs-sek (at) geo.tuwien.ac.at
Candidate selection will start on March 1st, 2016 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. TU Wien will not refund any cost occurred in the course of an application.
This job offer can be downloaded as a PDF file from the link below.