Scatterometry Expert - Opportunity at EUMETSAT
A challenging and rewarding role has just arisen for a scientist working in the space industry looking to join a large, international organisation and gain exposure to advanced scientific studies. Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) is seeking a candidate capable of leading a team of scientists and engineers, tasked to develop scatterometer data processing and products, including management of team activities and resources.
The key candidate shall have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
• Scientific knowledge of derivation of surface properties from radar range and backscatter
• 5 years experience in remote sensing and processing of scatterometer data.
• Proven experience in developing scientific application software, working on scientific development projects and engaging with user communities and researchers
• Experience with software engineering, preferably in an operational environment
• A strong knowledge of analysis, synthesis and presentation of results
The successful candidate shall have good interpersonal skills with the ability to apply this within a team. Experience with products generated from EUMETSAT sensors or similar would be advantageous.
All applicants shall be EUMETSAT member state nationals with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.