Application Engineer (m_f) Jupyter Notebooks/-hub
TU Wien is Austria's largest research and educational institution in engineering and natural sciences, thus making an indispensable contribution to securing Austria's international competitiveness and innovative strength as a research nation for over 200 years. Under the motto "Technology for People,” approximately 26,000 students and more than 4,000 scientists at TU Wien are engaged in research, teaching and innovation in this spirit.
In the dataLAB of Information Technology Solutions at TU Wien, we are now looking for a committed, creative and innovative personality who will support us in the further development of a future-oriented IT portfolio and the development of new services, including the continuation of ongoing development and scaling projects Jupyter Hubs to support digital teaching and research, as well as our skills as an enabler of digital transformation.
- Be part of a team that develops web-based services for research and teaching
- Support our researchers and teachers in implementing their workflows on our platforms, especially in the area of Jupyter Hubs
- Get actively involved in open source projects (Jupyter Hub, nbgrader, ...)
- Generate and implement new services and share them with the scientific and academic community
- CI / CD (GitLab, Jenkins, ...)
- Experience and expertise with Jupyter Hubs and nbgrader would be an advantage
- Good Linux knowledge
- Container (Docker, Kubernetes, ...)
- Git knowledge
- Can-do attitude
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and openly, especially during remote work
- Be part of a team that develops state-of-the-art technologies for research and teaching in the fields of data science, machine learning, interactive data exploration and high performance computing
- Help shape central services at TU Wien
- Work in an agile environment with flat hierarchies
- Design and structure your work yourself
- Diverse and exciting area of responsibility
- Opportunities for internal and external trainings and flexible working conditions
- Central location, ideally connected to public transport (U2/U3 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Additional benefits for employees can be found at the following link Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Entry level salary for this position is covered by level Verwendungsgruppe IVA of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 2,711.90 month gross (14 times a year) for 40 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to your complete application documents by 22.04.2021.